Foster care is a temporary living arrangement providing care and parenting for children who can no longer live in their homes because of abuse, neglect or other severe family problems. Social workers help families resolve problems so that their children can return home without further incidence of abuse or neglect.
- Children may need foster families for a few days, months or years.
- We are in special need of foster families for African American, Hispanic and children of other cultural backgrounds.
- We also need families for teenagers, sibling groups and children with special needs.
Foster Parent Qualifications
- Able to accept a child who needs a lot of patience, understanding and love
- Over the age of 21
- Married or single
- With or without biological children
- Employed inside or outside the home
- Living in a house or apartment in Arlington County or the surrounding Virginia area
Children in Foster Care
- Are of all ages and races
- Come from all kinds of family backgrounds
- Are experiencing the pain of separating from their families
Arlington Needs Foster Families!
Arlington County needs foster families for African American, Hispanic and children of other cultural backgrounds. We also need families for teenagers, sibling groups and children with special needs. Contact us for more information or to sign up for an Information Session.
To learn more join us at our next Information Session:
Saturday, September 10, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Contact us for Information Session locations.