12:30 pm-3:00 pm
Stambaugh Human Services Center/2100 Washington Blvd. (Sequoia 1)
“Increase Your Awareness to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse”
Hosted by Arlington County Child Advocacy Center
Stewards of Children by Darkness to Light
Please note, you must arrive on time and stay for the entire session to receive a certificate.
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
- The signs of sexual abuse so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly
What Outcomes You Can Expect:
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan
NEED CONTINUING EDUCATION?
- Stewards of Children® is approved for two (2) contact hours of continuing education by The National Association of Social Workers.
- Stewards of Children® is approved by the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.