9:00 am-11:00 am
Stambaugh Human Services Center/2100 Washington Blvd. (Sequoia 1)
Conference Room D (lower level)
The Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center (SEEC) will provide two sessions of the Never Too Young workshop for Arlington childcare providers on June 8th and June 15th.
Through discussion and hands-on activities, participants will explore the complexities of identity and bias, and why it is important for children to not only have a positive sense of self, but to also engage with people and perspectives that are different from their own.
Educators will gain techniques to use cultural objects, as well as tips to engage families.
- Recognize how complex identity is
- Recognize we all have bias
- Describe why it is important that children have a positive sense of self
- Explain why it is important for children to engage with people and perspectives different from their own
- Integrate techniques into the classroom that will support family relationships, and a child’s positive sense of self and understandings of diverse peoples and perspectives
Registration is CLOSED. This class is FULL!